on the website, you may register as a user, download information, contribute content, or place an order for food or other goods. The types of information we collect when you access the website may include the following:
- your name and the name of your company.
- contact and billing addresses
- your electronic mail ("email") address
- your phone and fax numbers
- credit card or debit card information
- your primary dining city
- any information that you may provide in a form on the website
- restaurants from which you have ordered, your ordering history, and any dining information or preferences provided by you or the restaurant
- the internet protocol address from which you accessed the website
- the items you clicked on the applicable web page
some of the information we collect via the website is gathered and maintained through the use of "cookies" and other methods. A "cookie" is a small file that is saved on your computer and which may contain information about you, such as your user name and password, or about your use of the website, such as the page you most recently visited. As a result, we are able to (i) recognize you when you access the website so that you do not have to re-enter your personal or other information each time you visit the website, (ii) customize and personalize the content we make available to you, (iii) maintain the "state" of your current visit (e.G., to maintain your order history or the items in your order), and (iv) alert you to features of the website. You may disable "cookies," but the website may not function properly as a result. In addition we may collect certain non-personal data in connection with the website. For example, we may collect information on the browser that you use to access the website, the operating system that you are running, and certain information about the website you accessed immediately before you accessed the website.
please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the website, such as in dining feedback, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the website.
we may provide your name, phone number, email address, and contact and billing addresses to restaurants from which you place an order, as well as other third parties who may help fill the order. We may share your restaurant order history and other dining information and preferences with that restaurant and other restaurants under the same ownership. We may also use and share your information with restaurants and others:
- to place an order with a restaurant,
- to provide you with dining gift certificates and other products, promotional materials and services of the website, under applicable terms and conditions
- to provide you with information about the services of the website,
- to provide services which users are entitled to under applicable terms and conditions,
- to produce aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by the website,
- to use the aggregate statistical data for promotional purposes,
- to provide you with restaurant recommendations based on your dining history,
- to make your information available to other businesses that may have offers of goods or services for you,
- for any other purposes related to those above.
for any user, we may aggregate your non-personal data with the non-personal data of our other users. We also collect and analyze general traffic patterns within our website to help maintain the flow and content of the website, and we may use or provide to third parties some or all of this anonymous aggregated information to support our commercial activities or for any other reason.
we may, and, restaurants from which you have ordered may, from time to time send information or offers to the email address you provide to us. If you prefer not to receive such email, please either access your profile page to "opt out" of the email list or follow the procedures set forth at the end of each email explaining how you can have your email address removed from the applicable email list. You may not "opt out" of communications relating to an order.
we do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 13, nor do we provide any of our goods or services to individuals under the age of 13. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected any such information, or provided any such goods or services, please contact us immediately so that we may delete the information.
we have put in place certain physical, electronic and managerial procedures to try to safeguard and secure the information we collect, although no system is completely secure. We urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data, which should include never sharing your user id and password with anyone.
you can access your personally identifiable information that we have collected through the website and that we still maintain by contacting us as described below in "how to contact us." you can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by updating your profile page on the website or by sending us a request that credibly shows that our records are incorrect, although we may refuse such requests in our discretion. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personally identifiable information or permitting you to make corrections, and we may refuse access to any user.